U.S. Government Projects To Prevent Forest Fires
Updated on September 24, 2020.
Preventing forest fires and wildfires is one of the most important goals for federal and state forestry services across the United States. Part of this process involves the removal of underbrush, fallen trees and other woody biomass from at-risk areas and the disposal of these materials in a safe and efficient way.
At Air Burners, we partner with many state and federal agencies to provide the most advanced air curtain burners for managing vegetation waste, and to promote greater safety for families and businesses which may be in the path of uncontrolled fires in the future.
Why Invest in an Air Curtain Burner From Air Burners?
Air curtain burners from Air Burners are the most advanced and innovative solution for disposing of wood, brush and other vegetation in an environmentally responsible way. Some of the most important air curtain benefits include the following:
- The Air Burners lineup includes air curtain technology that reduces the amount of smoke and particulates released into the outside air, which makes Air Burners products a preferred choice for federal and state agencies and a good way to stay on the right side of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Air Burners’ air curtain burners are capable of accepting large diameter wood waste without the need for chipping or cutting. This can speed up the disposal process while reducing the amount of work needed by your staff members, which can allow your team to accomplish more in less time.
- Because our air curtain burners are portable, they can be moved to areas where the need for fire prevention is most urgent. Their portability makes them an outstanding choice for ongoing operations in your state or federal area of responsibility.
- The air curtain burners designed by Air Burners can create biochar, a valuable substance that can be used to fertilize plants and trees or sold to generate additional revenue for your agency.
- The Air Burners PGFireBox system offers an additional advantage for woody biomass disposal in remote areas of your territory – the ability to create power. Because these systems also produce electricity, they can be used to power your base camp or worksite for reduced cost and greater comfort for your workers.
The Agencies We Serve
Air Burners has already achieved a solid reputation for quality and innovation in woody biomass disposal. We have worked with federal and state agencies to reduce the amount of undergrowth, dry wood and other fuel that could turn a small blaze into an out-of-control wildfire. By working with us, these agencies have been able to reduce the risk of major fires by a significant degree.
Air Burners has provided our air curtain burners to nearly every state in the U.S. We are proud of our track record of success in helping to prevent forest fires and in promoting the most efficient cleanup of dead wood and vegetation across the country. The use of our machines will provide a 30 percent reduction in cost over other options like grinding and hauling.
California is at risk of wildfires on an annual basis. The Air Burners team has partnered with both the California Department of Parks and Recreation and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL Fire) to provide added help in managing their biomass disposal needs.
- The California Department of Parks and Recreation uses the Air Burners FireBox and BurnBoss systems to get rid of waste wood and vegetation on trails and campsites. These systems provide a convenient and cost-effective way to manage this waste safely.
- CAL Fire purchased a large number of FireBox systems to assist in removing wood and other undergrowth. Left unaddressed, these deposits of vegetation could potentially provide fuel for large-scale forest fires. Our air curtain burners offer portability and practical solutions while maintaining environmental responsibility.
In Washington State
Like California, Washington State currently faces a high tree mortality rate and requires advanced land clearing equipment for clearing away dead wood and preventing forest fires. Air Burners has provided FireBox systems that allow Washington State to perform necessary maintenance and cleanup for campsites, trails and state parks.
Winter storms can take down limbs and trees in the state of Illinois, which can block roads and create travel difficulties for residents. Illinois purchased a number of Air Burners FireBox systems for their roads department to streamline the process of cleanup after these storms have passed, and to assist in regular roadside maintenance tasks.
Along with our service to state agencies, we also work with several federal agencies to assist in their responsibilities and to promote the safest and most efficient disposal of wood, brush and other biomass in the areas they serve.
U.S. Forest Service
Air Burners has entered into a cooperative research and development agreement (CRADA) with the U.S. Forest Service for our biochar machines. Overseen by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), this agreement allows us to focus a portion of our efforts on innovative new strategies to dispose of excess woody biomass in the most efficient and cost-effective ways possible. The Forest Service has issued a “Tech Tip” that recommends the use of air curtain burners from Air Burners, and has also put them to use in numerous areas at risk of forest fires.
U.S. Armed Forces
Our team has delivered air curtain burners from Air Burners for use stateside and internationally by the U.S. Armed Forces. These systems are used to dispose of wood waste on military bases and to reduce the risk of wildfires near army bases or outposts. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has also used Air Burners’ systems for disaster cleanup right here at home.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
We also had a CRADA with the EPA, which was for evaluating the ability of the Air Burners FireBox and its air curtain technology to reduce particulates typically caused by burning of wood and other biomass materials. The FireBox has been shown to cut down on particulates to a considerable degree, which protects the environment and ensures the best results for biomass disposal.
The Value of Air Curtain Burners From Air Burners
By taking steps to eliminate wood, brush and other dry vegetation, federal and state agencies have reduced the risks associated with wildfires and forest fires in our country. Limiting the amount of fuel available when fires do start is also a solid step in the right direction for fire protection agencies at both the national and local level.
Possibly the only good thing that comes from wildfires is the biochar that is created naturally and returned to the soil. Air Burners has a new biomass burner that will replicate this natural process, with none of the harmful effects of wildfires. Called the CharBoss, this new machine will be previewed later this year!
At Air Burners, we are committed to creating the best air curtain incinerators for biomass disposal and energy generation for our customers. We work with local agencies and organizations throughout the country to promote the safest and most practical choices for getting rid of excess wood, brush and other biomass materials. Antarctica is the only continent on which our air curtain burners are not put to work.
To learn more about our air curtain burners and the ways in which they could assist you, call our team today at 772-220-7303. The entire team at Air Burners is ready to serve your woody biomass disposal needs now and in the future.